- Convicted paedophile and former Christian Heritage Party leader Graham Capill has been released from prison on parole after serving six years of a nine-year sentence
- It's been a great week for the Labour Party, as no new political polls have been released
- The weather's been great, but there's rain coming on Sunday
- Barack Obama has announced a near $US450b package of tax cuts and government spending to stimulate the ailing US economy
- The NRL finals start tonight, and the Warriors play the Brisbane Broncos tomorrow night
- A Colombian drug mule died in Auckland after one of 20 bags of cocaine totalling almost half a kilogram that she had swallowed broke open
There's probably more, but those are the headlines that caught our eye as we did a quick scan of the blogosphere. But there's really only one thing on our mind today, and it's none of the above.
Roll on 8.30pm tonight!