- The All Blacks turned on their best performance of RWC2011 to beat France 37-17
- The Vodafone Warriors beat Melbourne 20-12 to storm into the NRL Grand Final
- The Auckland Vucans beat the Sharks 30-26 in golden point extra time to make the NSW Cup Grand Final
- The Junior Warriors beat the Bulldogs 64-nil to make their second consecutive Toyota Cup Grand Final
- Arsenal had its best result of the Barclay's Premier League season beating Bolton 3-nil, whilst Manchester United stumbled to a 1-all draw with Stoke City
- Wanganui surged to the lead (on points differential) in the Heartland Championship
- Eden Park was packed to the rafters twice in two days, and everyone got to the ground and got home
- Argentina scored a last-gasp try to beat Scotland in Wellington; their reward is a probable quarter-final match against New Zealand.
Has there been a weekend quite like this for sports fans in the recent past? We'll do a wrap later in the day, but for now, we need to get our breath back. As the Mad Butcher would say; "Mate, what a ride!"!