Friday, October 19, 2012

Quote of the Day - 19 October 2012

All Black coach Steve Hansen has a colourful turn of phrase, and that was evident yesterday when he faced the media for the first time since the death on Tuesday of his father Des:

In his usual no-nonsence style, Hansen said doing the best by the All Blacks is what his late father would have wanted.
''Dad would kick my ass if I didn't do the job right,'' he said.
''I was always going to Brisbane, it was never, ever in doubt. He'd roll over and shoot me if I didn't.'' 

We're quite looking forward to tomorrow's match, even if it is a dead rubber in terms of the Bledisloe Cup. With Keven Mealamu's hundredth test match and with their coach and his late father to play for, and with a record for consecutive test match wins beckoning, we just have a feeling that something special is about to unfold.


No comments: