Wednesday, October 24, 2012

What's Laws' "something new" then?

Michael Laws is leaving RadioLive; the station's website reports:


Michael Laws today announced on his talkback show that he will be leaving RadioLIVE to pursue “something new, something exciting and something that I’ve always wanted to do.” Michael Laws' final show will be on 31 March 2013.
Michael Laws was part of the original RadioLIVE team that began broadcasting in 2005.
“I have enjoyed my time with RadioLIVE but I don’t want to be a talkback host forever,” he said.
“I have at least 15 years of working life left and this is the perfect time to make the transition. I am really looking forward to my new career.
“My life will also be a lot less public and a lot more family-oriented and that is long overdue as well.”
Mr Laws said he wished both his successor and the station well and left with only positive thoughts towards those involved with RadioLIVE.

So let's have some fun this afternoon; what do you reckon that “something new, something exciting and something that I’ve always wanted to do.” might be? Keep them seemly, and don't get personal.

Whatever Michael Laws is going to be doing, we just hope that this isn't NZ First's succession plan; we don't know that we could handle that!!

11 comments:

Listener said...

“something new, something exciting and something that I’ve always wanted to do.”

Not be an arse?

Keeping Stock said...

That's certainly an option Listener. Maybe he's going to be the PR adviser for the Tongan Royal Family...

bsprout said...

Leading the New Zealand Society for the Politically Correct?

Baxter said...

Hope Rodney takes his place.

dad4justice said...

Laws is a disgrace to the average kiwi bloke. I wish the creep would leave the country. A wanker of the highest order!

Lawrence McGilveray said...

dad4justice - your comment is right on the button and well said. You have described to perfection what Laws is and what he should do. I hope you comment here again on other issues. I appreciate your point of view very much.

Deirdre Barlow said...

@ dad4justice: Calm down mate. And Laurence, stop sucking his d*ck. It is not Laws who is a disgrace to the average kiwi bloke - it is the two of YOU.

Kindest regards,

Big Bruv said...

Well said Deirdre

Keeping Stock said...

@ dad4justice - you didn't read the "don't get personal" bit then? By all means express an opinion, but keep it seemly.

@ Lawrence - don't encourage him; please!

Lawrence McGilveray said...

My politely expressed support for Mr dad4justice was met with personal abuse from two people but despite your 'we have a low tolerance for abusive comments' you have been supportive of them. What does this mean?
Dad4justice, don't be cowed by those bullies (I've never seen them here before and suspect they are victimizing you, with Keeping Stock's blessing). You are perfectly entitled to your opinion about Laws, one which I share, though because I respect the rules on this blog, even though Diedre and biv bruv and the blogger himself, Keeping Stock, doesn't, I don't use inflamatory words. I think you have been treated in a hypocritical way here.

Keeping Stock said...

Climb down off your high horse Lawrence. Unless you are a newbie to the blogosphere, you will know that dad4justice and bigbruv are as bad as one another, and I have no wish for them to carry on their online feuds on my blog. I hadn't seen Deidre's comment when I responded to you and dad; I'm allowed to sleep!

This was intended to be a piss-take post highlighting some of Laws' excesses in a light-hearted way. However comments are now closed, because some people can't follow thew rules.