Monday, November 26, 2012

The Secret Dairy of...

Steve Braunias has played a blinder with his latest Secret Diary episode. Unsurprisingly, the target is a politician by the name of David; here's a teaser:

MONDAY
Took a long, hard look at myself in the mirror this morning, and really liked what I saw.
Flashed a winning smile. It was boyish, but also adult. It was sincere, but also ruthless. In summary, it had everything.
Threw my head back and roared with laughter. Nodded my head enthusiastically and burst into applause. Spun my head right around and vomited up buckets of green sick.
Might save that last one for special occasions.
Oh, hang on! I already did it all weekend at the Labour Party conference.
It really impressed MPs such as Louisa Wall and Charles Chauvel. It was as though they fell under my spell. "We'll follow you to hell and back," they chanted.
"Well," I said, "I can take you halfway." 

 This is vintage Braunias. The only thing we need to know is this; is it satire, or is it factual; especially Friday's instalment?

8 comments:

Breve Stauneis said...

Can you remind me, Keeping Stock - did you post Steve Braunias' piece; The Secret Life of John Key?
That was a blinder. I don't remember seeing it here and I know you are a fan...

Bunk said...

Yeah, but that was one of Braunias' weaker efforts, not really worth referencing.

Jungle Jim said...

Oh, Bunky!

You are such a flunky.

The Whit said...

1Poetry in motion, Jimmy.

Simone Jones said...

Did you run the Braunius story on Key, KS?

Angela Sachess said...

Did you write that ditty about the braying ass the other day, Jungle Jim?

Jungle Jim said...

Yes, Angela, I did. It was one of my poorer efforts, having been penned in a rush with very little thought and while I was drunk. I know it was trite, but I promise you, I can do much better, and will. I have plans for one about an anonymous commentator here who contributes nothing but attacks on another. If ever there was a more worthless use of a man's time, I've not come across it. I'm certain you know just what I mean.

Angela Sachess said...

I do, I do. But you just keep commenting, attacking our host, John Key, John Banks, calling everyone a liar, and extolling your sweet Greens. I guess we all wonder how you can be bothered keeping up such a relentless tirade of asinine comment, but you do. Worthless use of your time? You apparently think not. I suspect the plagarism by Ginge a couple of days ago was your effort, too.