Thursday, December 20, 2012

The End of the World

Apparently, the world is going to end tomorrow; according to the Mayan people anyway.

So; do you have big plans for tonight? We're off to Auckland shortly, in preparation for a planned day of meetings (just in case the world DOESN'T end!), and we're catching up with whanau for dinner tonight. We're tempted to go and stay somewhere posh, and hope that the world ends before it's time to pay the bill!

So just in case, it was nice knowing you all, and we might see some of you on the other side, depending on which side we end up on. By this time tomorrow we should have an idea of whether or not the Mayans had it right, or whether it was another false alarm.

Let's see what tomorrow brings... 

11 comments:

robertguyton said...

At last, we'll meet :-)

Lofty said...

Well KS...if you would like to send me your bank details and a few withdrawal forms etc, I can help you ease the burden of leaving money behind, by moving it over to me...just for safe keeping of course, oh and no returns if the end is not nigh.

Lofty said...

I was going to say something about commie watermelons not getting entrance to heaven, to you Bobby boy...but then I thought, it is the season of good will etc, so I will wish you happy holidays instead.

KiwiGirl said...

The Mayans did not predict the end of the world.
They just ran out of flat stones to write their calendar on.

Quintin Hogg said...

Apparently, according to the London Telegraph, the exact time we meet our makers is 11:12 GMT which is tomorrow night.
Which means I can still host the Black Tie function I had planned to greet the end of the world as we know it.
And I hate, I truely hate the phrase "happy holidays". It was, is and remains happy christmas for me.
If people don't like that they can stick it in their pipe and smoke it.

"Motella" said...

Thanks for the Heads-Up KS.

To avoid unscrupulous folk like yourself, I'm insisting that all check-ins at my motel today pay upfront!

Keeping Stock said...

But it won't do you any good Motella, unless you go out and spend it tonight!

I paid all the bills today, so I will go to meet my maker with a clean fiscal conscience at least!!

Mr Lonely said...

goodbye world..
before that world end, give me all of your stock~ XD

Regards,
http://www.lonelyreload.com (A Growing Teenager Diary) ..

Duncan Brown said...

Hi KS, last week I posted some thoughts on the end of the world, knowing the future and making plans. http://elephanza.blogspot.co.nz/2012/12/seven-days-to-go.html
Enjoy :-)

Lofty said...

I don't like the saying myself Quintin, but I figured the wee commie watermelon Bob is unlikely to be a Christian, so merry Christmas would not mean anything to him.

Mind you I have been wrong more than once or twice in my life, so Bob if I have it wrong..sorry...and have a very merry and happy Christmas.

Anonymous said...

thanks for sharing.